Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Media Literacies

Ne Media Literacies
Watching the staff of the New Media Literaciesand their ideas of being connected in the media definitely got me thinking.

They all made some very good points, especially with the skills that they all shared. I do not necessarily think they are ALL necessary to be effective citizens, artists and workers. I think with a good few of them, it makes you a pretty rounded person, but they definitely aren't necessary.

I do use some of them, like negotiation, judgement (not a degrading kind), multitasking, visualization, appropiation, and collective intelligence. I think all of these things combined help to keep me focused and on task. Otherwise...there is just no telling! However, I don't think about these things all the time, its's kind of a natural thing that I operate in.

I guess if I thought about it more while working and putting things together, and put together some of the things that I do not really know about, I could be maybe more effective, but I don't really think it's REQUIRED for success in the media.

1 comment:

  1. The point is, what skills should we trying to develop in our students. Are the outcomes that schools have aimed for in the past still appropriate for the future. I think not. If I am correct, then schools must change or be replaced. You will soon be a part of that process. What learning outcomes will you pursue in your classroom? the old or the new? And if not the new, how long will your services be needed?

    ReplyDelete