Sunday, September 27, 2009

WIRED??

After reading these articles, it was VERY clear to me why my professors DISCOURAGE Widipedia for any source of research for class material. I do not understand why this is website that is advertised as an on-line encyclopedia is filled with information that could be edited by anyone. Without the scanner, it is impossible to know if what you are reading is true or false.

I don't think Wikipedia really can be trusted in any circumstance. If you have to do work to find out if information is correct, why not just go straight to the source anyway???

And I personally think it is ridiculous for anyone to change information and delete facts to confuse people from the truth.

1 comment:

  1. Straight to the source is always OK. And Google certainly does make that easier!

    ReplyDelete