Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Not About the Technology

I have to say that i agree with what Ms. Hines was saying. I am all about technology and the latest invention of a faster, cooler way to get things done! I mean, think about it - blogging is much easier than turning in a hard copy of an assignment every week, not to mention how much faster it is to get an assignment done. However, if we did not learn in our classroom the purpose of what we were doing, and catch up with technology and realize how far we really are "behind" then learning how to blog would be a ridiculous lesson because it would serve no purpose.

I agree that in order to be an effective teacher, the teacher must be a constant learner. This technology stuff is growing faster than the speed of light it seems like, and beinb comfortable with "Windows 95" version just won't cut it in this day. On the flipside, having every piece of technology available does absolutely no good unless you are EDUCATED on how to use and consistently use it effectively.

I want to be a learning teacher. I want to learn from my students. And from learning from them, I want to effectively teach in a way that they will learn so that my job clearly isn't a waste of time!

1 comment:

  1. And what role, if any, will technology play in helping you to be an "effective teacher" in the schools of tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete