Sunday, September 6, 2009

Videocast Observation!

While I was watching the video cast and thinking about how I would improve it, my first thought would be for the atmosphere to be a little bit more relaxed. It was very obvious that the setting was very tense, and the speakers were very nervy nervous (2 of them lightened up after they started speaking). I think if it would have been a not-so-rehearsed setting and more of a conversational atmosphere, it could have been more intersesting. A good way of proving your point to someone is being confident in your "point" as it is being presented.

I have never published my own video cast so criticizing to make it better really probably isn't appropriate (haha), I would like to make the podcast more interesting for the listener! Learning about all of this seems fun so let's hop on the road to technology!!!

I decided to look over the langwitches website, and I have to say that I really enjoyed the organization of how to publish a good podcast. I think that organization is the key, because just like the website said "you are the voice in someone eles's iPod" and it is important to have a clear voice that can be heard very thoroughly. Sometimes when I get carried away, I talk really fast and I am the only one who understands me at some points, so this is something that I want to take in to consideration when I am publishing a podcast. Staying on task is another thing that is important - being organized and having a goal to meet will help keep me on task. Discussion and conversation is important for other's opinions but just like I said earlier, you have to be confident in the point that you are presenting in order to win people over with it.

Podcasting, from what I have observed, is a lot like public speaking. Nervousness can turn a crowd off to tuning into what you have to say. Being confident and knowledgeable in the material is important. I learned a lot of valuable lessons in reading over this material, and look forward to learning more tips along the way!

1 comment: