Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Putting Students Work Online

PS22's Chorus singing Landslide
The video of the class singing "Landslide"
The importance of a class blog to me is very high. Most parents are at work all day long, and they can have access to their child's class blog to keep up with what they are learning and what is going on. One of my coworker's child goes to a private school, and every week she gets the school announcements as a recording online. I thought that was very neat because instead of her having to hunt her son down to get the latest calendar, she gets in in her inbox every Monday. Also, when an emergency happens or any new news, they notify her through a voice email. I know it is very comforting to her as a parent to know what is going on at her child's school.

When I have a classroom, I want to have a class blog for more than one reason. First, I want to have it for the parents to keep up with the students' work and assignments. Secondly, for the student. I plan to be in secondary education, so I think it could teach the child responsibility to have to look online for their assignments if they miss a day of class. That way they will know where it is, what it is, and they can submit it to me through email if they want.

I still cannot get over how amazing that video was. I know this had to make their parents proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment