Sunday, August 30, 2009

Planet Podcast!

I personally have never really experienced the world of podcasts. I have downloaded a few inspirational speakers podcasts, but I have never explored into what is available on this web of free information. As a prospective teacher, I found this really interesting. This is free information at your fingertips! Seriously, more information than an instruction guide could hold!!!

I watched several different podcasts. The SmartBoard Lessons really interested me for several reasons. One because there are SmartBoards in the classrooms at South, and I have been wondering what they do and how they work. Secondly, I'm sure they will be arriving in the classrooms that I will soon to be teaching in, and to have such a wonderful tool, it would be ridiculous not to use it to it's capacity. I really thought it was neat how the two hosts of the show met on their lunch break via video chat/Twitter, and put this podcast together. The presentation was very clear, and it was very easy to understand. I think that is important especially in the ones that do not contain video.

I did watch another SmartBoard Lesson where the hosts actually had the SmartBoard hooked up to the computer, and were showing different ways to use it - this thing puts a dry erase board to shame!!!!

KidCast - vodcasting. I like how the host gave several perspectives on the pros and cons of doing this in the classroom. I think that this would be so neat to incorporate this in the classroom. If the school has technology to do the video casting, I think the students could learn tremendously. They wouldn't just be presenting this to the classroom, but they would have to use organizational skills to present themselves to the whole web! However, even if vodcasting is not an option, podcasting is still something that children should definitely be interested in. Just like one of the guys on the SmartBoard lesson said - kids are carrying itouch's around which is like a mini-computer. These kids are ready for technology, and I'm interested in learning how to teach them!

I am so new to this podcasting, and honestly creating one is kind of overwhelming! However, at the rate that this technology is increasing, I can't afford to be up to speed! There is too much that I'm missing out on at Planet Podcast! Let's get this show on the road!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. What are the major contributions to learning provided by Smartboards?

    ReplyDelete