Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Innovation - Education - Technology

Checklist
Doug Johnson published two articles containing 7 Stupid Mistakes Teachers Make with Technology, and 7 brilliant things teachers do with technology. As I read over this, some of them were quite comical because I could imagine some that a lot of teachers make these EXACT mistakes everyday, not knowing that they are making the mistakes.

Some of my favorites were: #2. Treating a school computer like a home computer. This is such a true statement. I must say though that it is very easy to forget that things are visible on the web and especially if you are on a server network. I know that I have a company email at my office and I have to continually remind myself to keep it business streaming only because you just never know who could be watching! School computers should be used just for that purpose only. I could only imagine the hilarious things an IT tech guy encounters from trying to clean up personal issues on a business computer.

The new rules of the classroom was so enlightening! There is no possible way to just pick one for my favorite. I loved how it transformed the classroom mindset from the teacher having all of the knowledge to the classroom being a circle of knowledge where EVERYONE can share information and EVERYONE can be teachers at some point. This should completely transform the mind of a teacher to encourage a world-wide (literally) network in their classroom.

To sum it all up, Doug Johnson says this, "Technology won't make a poor teacher a good one. But it can make a good teacher a better one." Simply said, technology is not here to save the world from stupidity, but it can push you along the way to new information!

No comments:

Post a Comment